Tuesday, October 16, 2012

PaC Man & Wife: Brown-Eyed Girl (and Guy)

It's time for our close up and the final reveal of my make-up, flowers, and gown.


My final make-up look: soft pink lips and flirty cheeks (Nars blush in Orgasm) with a focus on the eyes (shadow liner and false eyelashes) tied together with Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation that let my freckles peek through. 

Looking at photos of myself is awkward and feels a bit narcissistic. "Hey, here are lots of pictures of meeeeee!" Ugh. I remember feeling a little awkward during the shoot too. Like, should I smile/not smile in this one or look at the camera/look away. Selecting which images to include was difficult (own worst critic right here) so I recruited Mr. PaC to winnow them down. I hope you won't mind if I look away until it's over. 



Love the false eyelashes!


Do I smile or not smile??


Looking out over the gardens.




Love, love, love my bouquet!


The well-travelled bee charms and my custom pain au chocolat charm.

The bee charms are a Weddingbee tradition that began almost two years ago. The charms are passed from bee to bee and are carried by the bride on her wedding day. Mrs. Hyena carried these specific charms with her (and before her Mrs. TartletMrs. LionessMrs. Hippo, and Mrs. Cardigan); after our wedding, I sent them to Mrs. Bunting. These charms have passed through some of my favorite bees' hands. On my wedding day, I felt there was a gossamer thread stitching each of us brides to one another in a shared experience and the bonds of sisterhood forever.

Now it's time for a quick burst of groom portraits! Mr. PaC had now relaxed and our second shooter captured some very nice moments. And I wanted to add: while it's me narrating, Mr. PaC picked out which photos would go into this post.


This is the center of the boxwood garden - the site of our ceremony.


He put a lot of care into his tie and pocket square. 



The soft gaze and beginning of a smile that I am so familiar with - captured perfectly!


Billy ball/craspedia, succulent and seeded eucalyptus boutonniere with loops of bear grass.


That's all, Mr. PaC! The torture is over. You're free to go now.

If you're a sucker for tradition or details, you won't want to miss the next recap about our "somethings"!

(all photos by Heather Fowler Photography, unless otherwise noted)


Catch up on our PaC recaps!

Days Before
Wedding Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment