Thursday, October 11, 2012

PaC Man & Wife: Girls Get Ready

After assembling the welcome table, stringing up the lanterns, and practicing our first dance, it was time to head to our respective suites. A yummy spread of finger sandwiches, fresh fruit, and requisite celebratory bubbly waited in the screened porch while the bridal suite buzzed with activity.


(personal photo)


Cremant and Swiss chocolate covered potato chips for lunch!

The scent of my french cade lavender candle filled the suite as I nibbled on mini sandwiches. I was relaxed. I was present. This was the best gift I could have given myself. And I realize now how incredibly lucky I was to experience this zen that began in the morning and lasted until my head hit the pillow that night.


The moms volunteered to go first. 


Both of my bridesmaids brought in the same inspiration photo of Taylor Swift!


The finished product on my sister.


(above three photos: personal photos)

When it was my turn, I asked Natalie to make some changes to the trial hairstyles: 1) give the top a little more volume and texture and 2) loosen up the bun and add more detail in the back. She set to work creating volume and visual interest, taking me from this:


(obviously a personal pic... because why would my nice photographer shoot me in this state!)

to this!


Between turns in the hair and make-up chairs, BM R and I sipped bubbly, snacked on chocolate potato chips, and watched the rehearsal slideshow. 

 

(personal photo)

Right before my turn in the make-up chair, Mr. PaC poked his head into the bridal suite to announce our florist had arrived and the centerpieces were already set up. He had seen the tables already and couldn't wait to tell me because he knew how excited I would be. I peered from an upstairs window to the tented terrace below and surveyed the tables. The centerpieces were perfect - better than I envisioned!

 

Emily from Cheekadee performed magic transforming my pasty white skin to a glowing, creamy complexion. We kept the same look as the trial: soft pink lips and flirty pink cheeks with the focus on the eyes, but dialed up the color and added false eyelashes.


Just a preview until the bridal portraits!

If there's any question about timing, err on the side of caution and pad your schedule. Carve out time for a slower, relaxed pace. And eating! Try to book your make-up closer to the end, but not the last, so it is as fresh as possible.





A great trio of shots!


Don't forget to have a little fun - whatever that is!

(all photos by Heather Fowler Photography, unless otherwise noted)



Catch up on our PaC recaps!

Days Before
    Wedding Morning

    No comments:

    Post a Comment