Monday, February 21, 2011

invitation: save the date round 2

Not completely thrilled with the last batch of save the dates, I stepped away from it all for a few days. I was definitely feeling rusty... and blah. None of my sketched ideas were rockin' my socks; I knew the only way to get through the not-so-great ideas was to get them out of my system. And so begins the "Don't be a square, man" square designs.

Bold, simple and summery. And bor-ing.


Less boring but the san serif font is so far from whimsical.


Sprinkling in a scripty font gave it some life but it wasn't the right font.

I was looking for something a little more relaxed with hand-drawn look. Calligraphy, while absolutely gorgeous, was NOT in our budget. And this isn't something I could DIY. I'm a lefty and have dragged my hand through wet india ink enough times to know my limits.

Howard Photography
Remember this beauty?

If I could only find a font that A) wasn't too girly, B) was legible and C) oh yeah, free... For a typography nut, there's not enough time in the world to browse all the (free) fonts. And that's the story of how I found myself, several hours later, staring at this font.

Dafont.com

Just what I was looking for! And it's free! Up next... the final STD.

Did you incorporate online fonts in your printed wedding elements? Any favorite fonts to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment