Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cake Confirmed

Our baker has approved our cake design and flavors! Wanna see which design we picked?

Image via Real Simple / Bakery: Eat Cake Be Merry

We loved the playful, abstract appliques but felt the grayscale was too drab. I like color! So we kept the monochromatic look but are swapping out the gray for shades of happier yellow. I may have even done a mock-up in Illustrator for our baker...

Where to stash the LEGO figurines?

Each tier will be a different flavor:
- Gran Marnier with raspberry filling (top)
- Marble with chocolate ganache (middle)
- Hazelnut with apricot filling (bottom)

I'm sure there will be leftover cake. Who wants a piece?

2 comments:

  1. I think I need a piece of each!! They all sound SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is you'll only have to wait 49 days, 3 hours, 26 minutes... to get a piece of each!

    ReplyDelete