Monday, December 20, 2010

Registry Meh

Two stores. Almost a half day at the mall. We felt victorious, but our registry still had gaping holes. No matter that Macy's didn't carry the vacuum or clothes steamer I had in mind. We had an upcoming trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond.

When the selection at BB&B failed to impress, I was left adrift (and without a decent vacuum). We already had three registries. We were NOT making it four. If we couldn't find what we needed from the existing registries, then we'd have to do without. The floors would just stay dirty. Wait a minute... that makes no sense! I was conflicted. On one hand, I felt like we were being greedy for needing a fourth registry. But the missing things were some of the very first items we brainstormed to put on the list.

source

What's a girl to do?

If you can't beam 'em, join 'em. The registries, that is! I'm not sure how I stumbled across GiftRegistry360.com, but its "link and sync" option combined my existing registries automatically into one online, easily-managed list... saving me from all the guilt and stress of multiple registries. Aaaaand, you can add any item from any store with the Add to Registry toolbar. So that MIA vacuum may just make it onto the list after all.
source

Did you buck tradition and create an online multi-store registry? What were your favorite aspects?

1 comment:

  1. definitely check out registrystop.com too!!! more features than giftregistry360!

    http://jacinandpat.blogspot.com/2010/12/attention-brides-ultimate-registry.html

    ReplyDelete