Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow Day!

No surprise work is closed today.



It may not look like much, but giant snowflakes have been zipping down for the past few hours. It's supposed to intensify this afternoon so I'm happy to not drive in it even though I could really test out my new tires. Wonder of wonders, a city truck plowed and salted our street. That never happens!

I love waking up to the sound of snow shovels. Without even opening my eyes, I know there's a good chance it'll be a day off. Which is good, because we've got a lot of Wedding Things looming. The not so good part is the next post in my DIY wine bottle series is sitting on my work computer. So that'll have to wait another day or two. Sorry kids!

Today, we are going to be productive. Before noon, a giant wedding To Do list will be posted in the most conspicuous location in our house -- the fridge.

source

This should keep both of us on task and aware of the staggering number of BIG and little stuff left. (At least we're not venue hunting in the snow this year.) On my mind this morning:

  1. Tasting next Friday with Mr. P's brother and excited BM R. We've already picked out menu items in anticipation.
  2. Phone consult with officiant, sometime this week. We've had a hard time focusing on the ceremony and need to do some homework before the call. Is this bad? It's not that we don't care. It's not a priority now... and I keep telling myself we have time.
  3. Invitations. Argh... why does this fill me with so much angst? Oh, I know! Because I set unrealistically high expectations of myself. Because I think they ought to be kickass since I have a design degree. Because other bloggers have beautiful paper suites. Because it's too hard to choose from all the ideas ping-ponging around in my head. (Our STDs were sent out in early January. Guests are already asking when the invites are coming.)
What would you get done on a snow day?

No comments:

Post a Comment