Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring

After spending two hours last night auditioning engagement shoot outfits (very full and semi-drunk – not recommended), it was all for naught – it looks we’ll be rained out. If you recall, we chose Brandywine Creek State Park to showcase the fall color peaking thisveryminute. All the locations were outside: fields of grasses, a meandering stone wall and sweeping views of the rolling countryside. I had even planned framing for certain photos and props.

I knew the weather wasn’t guaranteed. The only explanation I can offer is that I stuck my head in the sand and pretended bad weather wouldn’t foul our plans. So now with a 50% chance of thunderstorms, a chance we're not willing to take, so we’re exploring other (inside) options. Big pouty face. It’s my fault. I’m a planner who failed to plan.


Resourceful Mr. P was already on the phone with our photographer (I don’t give him enough credit) when I called about the weather. Ten minutes later, he was lighting up my phone with alternative locations.

Longwood Gardens (iffy on access to inside areas)
Greenville CC (our venue; awesomely flexible and can help us out, thanks Linda!)
our company’s old mansion/office building
various museums (DCCA, DNHM)
first-date restaurant

And tonight we brainstormed:
Terrain at Styer's (most recently there for my birthday dinner; then there's this completely drool-worthy e-shoot)
Yorklyn covered bridge ("Sorry cars, we’re takin’ pictures here!" may not go over well at 4pm)
our favorite wine bar & restaurant

Any of these alternatives mean it's back to the drawing board (and two more hours of frustrated "dressing room" antics.) Rescheduling the shoot isn't an option. I've taken a half-day from work, scheduled a make-up trial 45 minutes away, and our kind photographer is driving the same distance. Kids, lets keep our fingers crossed the weather will hold off and we can go with our original plan. (I don't even want to think about the possibility of paying the $150 permit fee and not getting any shots at the park.)

What sort of weather-related change of plans did you experience? Did you smartly have a Plan B or just wing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment