Monday, November 8, 2010

Trend: Rosette

Around the time I purchased my gown, I spotted a strikingly similar Monique Lhuillier ("LOO-lee-yay") gown. Wedding gowns that share similarities are not uncommon. After all, how many times can you reinvent the white dress? But this gown prominently featured rosettes - a detail I hadn't seen anywhere else.


Monique Lhuillier - Addison

Not only does it have rosettes, but they vary in size too. The skirt is covered with them so it's not an isolated detail. The differences are the fabric (what appears to be satin vs crinkle chiffon) and skirt shape (A-line vs fit-to-flare). I chalked this gown up to a coincidence.

Because her gowns are gorgeous and I'm a girl with a ring, I continued browsing.

Monique Lhuillier - Dasha

Oh, hey. It's a different silhouette. Click, click.

Monique Lhuillier - Maya

And a hi-low version, in tulle. Okay... this is starting to get weird.

Monique Lhuillier - Shelby

Monique meets Vera.

Monique Lhuillier - Sunday Rose

Gah! Another one! This spring 2010 gown marked the appearance of her first rosette-inspired piece. The onslaught of rosette gowns above came later (spring 2011).

Curiouser and curiouser, I did some digging and found many more gowns...

Allure

Amsale - Bijou

Ann Frances - Poppy (new!)

Ian Stuart - Masquerade
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn for this one.

Ines di Santo - Chiara
One big honkin' rosette

j crew

Jenny Lee - 1101

Kenneth Pool (too new for non-runway pics)
courtesy of The Bride's Guide

Kenneth Pool (same, love the accordion pleats)
courtesy of The Bride's Guide

Kenneth Pool - Serafina

Lela Rose - Secret Garden (also too new for anything but runway pics)
courtesy of The Bride's Guide

Martina Liana - 296

Rivini - Lexi

Rivini - Milena
A more restrained use of the flowers.

I think we can officially say, "It's a trend."

After looking at all these gowns, there is no question I picked the "right" rosette gown. I'm still in love with my Wallis.

source: 1 & 2

Did you dare risk looking at other gowns after you found The Dress? Any dress regrets or did looking only confirm your love of your gown?

3 comments: